Chief Compliance Officer’s main tasks and responsibilities :
- Oversee the operational execution of the overall Compliance function in the branch.
- Ensure due knowledge of the internal policies, directives and procedures and ensure compliance and adequacy with local laws and regulatory requirements.
- Establish standards, implement and approve procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Organize the regulatory framework, create and adapt the related documents.
- Actively apply due diligence, compliance and risk approach, on a timely manner.
- Document and organize periodical checks in terms of corporate governance, compliance and risk governance and prepare the related reports.
- Interact with regulators and police officers (CSSF, Financial Intelligence Unit, …) on compliance issues.
- Act as and advisor on Compliance matters within the branch.
General Secretary’s role :
- Ensure the secretaryship of the Authorized Management (AM) and Luxembourg Branch Supervisory Committee (LBSC) meetings.
- Under the supervision of the LBSC members and of the Branch Manager :
- prepare the reporting to the General Management (GM) at the Head Office (HO) and amend the documents as per the GM’s remarks.
- submit the documents to the Board of Director (BoD) for approval and amend the documents as per BoD’s remarks.
- Prepare any document required by the local authorities which is not related to Compliance and Risk Management.
- Administer the timetable of all legal reporting as well as internal reports.
Risk Management related tasks and responsibilities :
- Support the Chief Risk Officer (i.e. the Branch Manager) in the preparation of:
- the documents and procedures related to the risk governance of the branch, in coordination with the Risk Management department at the HO.
- the agenda of the renewal of the risk governance related documents and procedures.
- the update of all documents according to the renewal agenda or in case of an evolution of the regulatory requirements.
- the ICAAP reporting, every year, in line with the regulatory requirements.
- University Degree in Law or education focusing on compliance and audit matters.
- Certification in Compliance Management in Luxembourg (or EU)
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in a similar role in the local banking sector.
- Broad understanding of regulatory and compliance related topics.
- Very good knowledge of Luxembourg’s Banking environment and of the related rules and regulations.
- Excellent ability to communicate with the all Department’s stakeholders.
- Excellent level of written and oral communication in English and French.
- Well organized with a strong sense of initiative.
- Ability to work autonomously and to take decision within his/her powers.
- Strong ethical behavior.
- Accurate and details oriented.
- At ease with IT tools (internet, intranet, Outlook, MS Office…).
Our client is a small-sized bank based in Luxembourg.
Interested ? Please send your application. Kindly note that we ensure you the strictest confidentiality.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi